Friday, June 29, 2012

Convincing... Like a Sir


This is the actual essay that i have written in moodle regarding the grade that I deserve. This blog also appears in Multiply. If anyone of my college friends and classmates remembers "Erick", then it is possible that you know what I am writing and talking about. This is just one of the essays that I took a lot of thought into it. However, being a grammar nazi that I have become, I cringed at the site of grammatically incorrect construction of sentences, uncapitalized nouns and words in the beginnings of sentences. But anyway, the content is all that matters. Here goes: 




I do believe that I deserve a grade of 92.

I deserve it because, i have attended all our class. I didn't let every thursdays pass without attending rel ed. i did not consider on putting my name on the absentee's list just because i am tired from duty or because there are some undone requirements from other subjects or just because im too tired to attend.


I must admit that i failed once on submitting one of the requirements. it was entirely my fault and i have accepted the consequence of my actions. To redeem myself, i have to tell you that it only happened once and i have completed all the activities in moodle before it closes. i do follow the specified deadline for assignements too.


I participate in class all the time. although its not my habit to recite, i do believe that learning takes place not only by reciting but also in listening and reflecting on what the teacher is saying. you are right, rel ed should not be graded on how the student have been answering quizzes and tests or performing charitable tasks that are done for the sake of the grade. i do learn a lot in class. My learning is always tested through essays during quizzes. life is not about multiple choice, identification, fill in the blank, matching types and enumeration that always requires you to have the correct answer but it is an essay that is written using your critical thinking and is not graded by its rightness and wrongness, it is graded on how you understand it. 

right now, there are no words that can explain how i learned a lot in this class. i could not memorize everything that was written in moodle like most people do nor could i remeber the notes that i have written in my notebook. all i can tell you is that religion is all about humanization. life is all about living in solidarity and not being apathetic. do not do unto others what you do not want to do unto you. 


i hope that i have convinced you that i deserve that grade. thank you for being our prof in rel ed for the whole sem. i hope that we still see you next sem. thank you and have a nice day



After the semester, i checked my class card and Indeed, my grade is 92. I endured the risk of going to hell by writing "the religiously incorrect" definition of religion. It was all worth it anyway. 


Like a Sir,
Cha